Provides file system changes email notification service. It can send you a mail on either an event or no event, filtering by file system object types (file or folder), masks (regular expression-based) and filters, which can remove events are not required.
It can help you when:
- you own a public ftp service, and want to be notified when someone uploads new file(s);
- you set a procedure of regular file load (i.e. new antiviral package) and want to know if the package has not been delivered;
- you want to be informed about every change in either local or remote file system, but do not want or is unable to use built-in audit feature;
-you have a logging system and want to know if nothing has been written for a given period of time;
- any situation when you want to know about file system changes.
runs as Windows NT Service - no interaction with desktop required
both remote and local file system may be monitored
unlimited number of monitored folders
notification on either an event or no event
subfolders may be monitored too
inclusion and exclusion masks (regular expressions)
data on item type (file or folder) and size (added in version 1.3)
preprocessing filters to supress unwanted notifications (added in version 1.1)
email formats supported are Plain Text and HTML (added in version 1.1)
notifications may be logged in plain-text files (added in version 1.1)
SMTP authentication for outgoing email
configuration may be exported to and imported from a text file
SQL logging is available on request.
Folder Watchdog Service (SOFTWARE) is distributed as try-before-you-buy. This means:
1. All copyrights to SOFTWARE are exclusively owned by the author - Alexander Seleznyov.
2. Anyone may use this software during a test period of 30 days. Following this test period of 30 days or less, you MUST register if you want continue to use SOFTWARE.
3. Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use SOFTWARE on one computer, for any legal purpose, at a time. The registered SOFTWARE may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to terms of this license.
4. The unregistered trial version may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of without written permission from the copyright holder. The unregistered trial version may not be bundled or distributed with any other package without written permission of the copyright holder.
5. To register you must user appropriate registration method (see register.rtf).
6. SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES AND LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Alexander Seleznyov.
8. Installing and using SOFTWARE signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
9. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove SOFTWARE files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.
Thank you for using Folder Watchdog Service.
Alexander Seleznyov, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us your experience with Folder Watchdog Service1.6.5
RELATED PROGRAMS Our Recommendations
Folder Watchdog Service 2 TRIAL Provides file system changes email notification service. It can send you a mail; write a log entry or perform another action when a folder's content changed. Filters can be applied. Either local or remote file system can be monitored. It can be useful for those who need to track changes made to... Download
DEKSI Network Monitor TRIAL DEKSI Network Monitor is an advanced, powerful, and multi-featured network device monitor which enables you to learn when a device is available as well as the time it became unavailable or out of service. This will enable the network administrator or IT Management staff to be pro-active in... Download
SlimLogger TRIAL The SlimLogger Utility allows you to capture and count TCP/IP network traffic in real-time. SlimLogger counts by hostname when possible (for http traffic), and otherwise by ip number. SecureLinks is configurable using any text editor (such as Notepad), and saves all counts to an XML database. It... Download